Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mardi Gras Madness

Today is Mardi Gras (or Fat Tuesday if you prefer). The thought of flashing someone for cheap beads does not appeal to me at all. Maybe if the revelers were tossing goodies like this I would be more inclined to celebrate:

Gold beads or a lovely brushed gold bangle… easy choice, right? This bamboo style bracelet opens up so it is very easy to slip on.

You have to have green for Mardi Gras. This peacock green watch is just the thing to celebrate with. You need to keep track of time at these events, right?

And here is a little nod to the Big Easy with a Fleur de Lis necklace. (I suppose it could be a nod to Kappa Kappa Gamma as well, but for the sake of the holiday forget that connection.) You can wear this little treasure all year long.

If you really want to get into the spirit, you can waltz over the Nars counter. They have a duo eye shadow compact with (you guessed it!) green and purple hues. In reality they are referred to as “metallic jade” and “deep aubergine” but you get the idea!
Have a wonderful Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras/Carnival everyone… if you are really lucky you will find the prize in the King Cake and rule for a day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mardi Gras is always so special and so much fun. Since I always give a big Mardi Gras Party, I am always looking for that ‘special’ Mardi Gras party invitations. This year I not only found one place, but three great places to buy Mardi Gras Party Invitations that can be personalized,
Cards Shoppe, Holiday-Invitations and Invitations-Shoppe.

I added all three sites to my favorites and ordered from Invitations-Shoppe and was very pleased. I got lots of compliments, and was so happy. It made the holidays extra special!