Monday, February 05, 2007

So Close Yet So Far

With temperature in Ithaca in the single digits (or below), it is easy to forgot all about fashion and focus solely on getting to class without frostbite. Outside of this little niche there are some wonderful fashion shows happening. I wish I could simply skip town except I am sure my professors would not be too happy. (Unless I lied and said I was interviewing or something more practical.) Anyway, here are just a few of my favorite outfits.

I love this Matthew Williamson look because I can take pieces I already own. All I really need is a light turtleneck and some big wood bangles.

Okay, this one is a long, long way down the road but this Lela Rose gown would make such a pretty wedding dress. Who knows what the style will be by the time that happens though!

The tights in the Tracy Reese collection just made the outfits. Both the polka dot and striped versions somehow need to become part of my wardrobe.

I can actually imagine wearing this Tuleh suit to work... although I dislike the front pant zipper being so easily seen.

Finally, while most of the Lacoste collection reminded me of things my mother wore while she was on campus, these sleek rain boots stole my heart. They can replace my galoshes any day!

Back to the tundra for now...

No comments: