Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Phillip Lim Goes to School

Some collections hit very (maybe too) close to home. Watching the 3.1 Phillip Lim collection was like déjà vu. Didn’t I see these same looks every day? On my professors? Even if you cannot TA during your time at school, Phillip Lim can at least help you to dress like a professor. Some easy steps include:

1. The Classic Trench

It is a classic for a reason. Plus they are always handy to have around if you want to go as a flasher for Halloween.

2. A Top Hat

There is a professor I see all the time sporting this retro headgear. Who knew he was on the cutting edge?

3. A Bow Tie

Nothing says ‘I am better than you’ than a bow tie. Have you ever noticed how people either passionately hate or love these things? I am always surprised by the strong reactions.

4. An upscale version of the L.L. Bean tote

Very inventive huh? Breaking new ground by making the straps leather instead of canvas. (Sorry Phillip looks like L.L. Bean already covered that too.)

I suppose you have to give those Arts and Science professors more credit. Maybe they are hipper than us hoodie-loving students ever knew…

No comments: