Friday, December 22, 2006

Bubbling Over

I have discovered a huge benefit to being back in the 'burbs: Costco. I am not referring to the giant jams of pickles or enormous packages of cheese slices... no, this is a love affair with the finer things. And the fact that these nice things come in large quantities. Our Costco is fairly upscale and has a myriad of goodies like jewelry, watches, cameras, lobster, and of course wine. This selection is well and good, but the holiday season has brought massive amounts of my favorite luxury good: champagne!

Any of my friends (or the Sonoma staff) can attest to my love of the bubbly stuff. Why drink boring wine when you can have something sparkly and delicious!

Needless to say, I was excited to stumble upon crates and crates of champagne at Costco.

But I did notice an interesting trend: lots of champagne owned by LVMH. For the sad individuals requiring a translation: LVMH is shorthand for Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessey. The own everything, like Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Pucci, Dior, Fendi, Sephora, BeneFit, TAG Heuer, Christian Lacroix, and Thomas Pink. Basically, if I could pick a dream job it would be the CEO of the LVMH group.

So the fact that Costco is carrying Moet et Chandon and Veuve Clicquot makes me think that perhaps an expansion in the other LVMH brands is underway.

Santa, my wish this year is for Marc Jacobs to be in our little Costco. Just for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love me some champagne. And I'll toast to MJ reaching the aisles of Costco!