Friday, January 12, 2007

Fashion Exposé!

Politics is fine but what else goes on in the District of Columbia? I went undercover to find out! (Who I am kidding, I just like to pretend I am cool like my friends who work for certain agencies and say "undercover.") Cue the spy music!

Location: Fancy Capitol Hill reception. Bring your ID because you better be on the list... or know someone who is.

The Scene: Schmoozing central. Free goodies plus speeches from Senators, Congressmen, and Ambassadors as the main event. I was personally most excited to see Jim Webb after that battle for Allen's seat.

Open Motto: "I love my country!"


Secret Motto: "Free food? Open bar? See you there!"

Typical Outfit: A nice black suit, white/blue Brooks Brothers shirt, tie. Some may even have pin stripes to jazz it up. One guy even wore a tan suit. Talk about living on the edge!

Favorite Accessory: Probably gray hair or a handshake if that counts.

Fashion Sins: Blah. Welcome to the drab that is most business attire. Gotta love the working world.

Not as exciting as you may have thought huh?

No comments: