Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Plan in Style

Dogs or diamonds are declared the best friend of choice, but I can think of an even better one: a planner. Do not get me wrong. I love dogs. My cute Cocker Spaniel makes my day so much sunnier! And ditto for diamonds. You cannot go wrong with a great pair of diamond stud earrings. But will either of them tell you what time your mani-pedi appointment is? Or when your friend’s birthday is? Not a chance.

Having a good planner is a necessity to many of us, so why not have a little fun too? I bet an ugly generic black planner will not lift your mood at all. I have to admit the sight of my lavender crocodile planner is easy on the eye.

There are all types of ways to get organized and stay stylish. A Smythson planner is a classic. While they have a large selection of their normal styles, they currently have 10th Anniversary planners that were created by designers such as Zac Posen, Alexander McQueen, and Missoni. The Missoni planner features their signature multi-colored print. You do not have to worry about someone else having this!


If you are looking for something shiny to help you track your numerous dates, this Kate Spade organizer is perfect. And we all know how I love metallics. Added plus: it is pink on the inside! So girly.

Some people swear by electronic planners like the tiny Palm Z22. My family obsessively uses these things. Unlike a traditional planner, there are a million added features. You can download anything from dictionaries to games. (The games may help you survive a painfully boring class.) Although I own one, I like physically writing things down. I guess I am old fashioned.

So whatever way you choose, getting organized can mean more than buying a token black book. I just wish I could give them to all my chronically late friends so they would actually show up places on time. But you cannot ask for miracles!

No comments: