Monday, January 08, 2007

Naked the New Black?

So congrats to the Pundits at Yale. I have to admit that I am a bit jealous. I have thrown some decent parties, none of which graced the pages of the New York Times. Now I know the key ingredient: nakedness. Not nakedness in the frat party sense (let's get girls to strip!), but being naked to just "be."

Maybe I am just not deep enough to appreciate this type of event. Do you know how I feel when I am naked? Cold. And no, I do not feel repressed by society when I am clothed.

I can actually think of a whole list of reasons I like clothes:
1. As stated before, for warmth. If I move to a tropical island, maybe I will reconsider.
2. My outfits reflect my personality and outlook on life.
3. High quality materials (cashmere, silk, etc) feel wonderful on your skin.
4. I can make myself look better in clothes. This does not apply to sweatshirts! However, careful picked clothes will highlight your assets.
5. No offense, but I just do not want to see the vast majority of people naked. Sorry.

I could go on but I do not want to bore anyone. So if anyone wants to have a entertaining time featuring clothes, feel free to give me a ring!

No comments: